Relink Same Mame Multiple Spreadsheets from different locations to a Main Spreadsheet

SprainBrain

Everyday I have to generate an excel report. This report uses spreadsheets that are outputted from a program and are dumped into folders which are organised by date. ie

The report for today would go into a location:
I:\Reports\2010\July\22
The one for the prior day would go into the following location:
I:\Reports\2010\July\21

The names of the reports generated are
"Day 1 Production Report_iegdfjsba3rd.xls"
"Day 1 Inventory Report_kajsgfgsj3as.xls"
"Day 1 Marketing Report_aodjgwuw3bc.xls"
They are all labelled with the same major heading accompanied by a randomly generated code at the end i.e. iegdfjsba3rd

There are about 15 of these reports that I have to relink each day.
Is there a VBA code that I can use to do this for me?

Additionally, I also would have to link a report from the previous day to do a compare e.g. I would have to relink:
"Day 1 Production Report"
for the actual day and the one generated on the prior day.

:confused:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melt80419

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...