Remembering and recalling cell formatting

crewaustin66

Board Regular
I have a need to store in a collection a list of 1-to-many cell formats. This is because the field and it's formatting is going to get deleted and, later, show back up in a different place. This is not a simple select + cut&paste deal.

Let's say I have a field I call BUDAT. It's date field with a numeric format, back color, and fore-color set as the user wishes. We will be moving it from one area of the screen to another. The problem is that the the deletion occurs and the field is re-added later on demand. I just need to remember and reapply the cell's formatting.

Any thoughts on how I can access and store a cell's format and, preferably, store it in a collection?

Thanks,
Crew

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I often create a hidden helper sheet I call "configurations" and store the information there for later/recall usage.

Upvote 0
Good thought but we aren't permitted to add a sheet in this case. The formats have to get stored in a collection for later recall. Fun!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back