Remove all authors name from Excel

navic

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
At this link I did not get an answer to my question.
Maybe I'll have more luck in this forum.

It is common knowledge that with SaveAs in the (MS Office) window you have the option to enter the author before saving the Workbook.
Just type in one letter and Excel will list all the authors that begin with the letter (for all the files you once ran).

How to remove all these author names in Excel program (MS Office 2013)?
Is that possible?
Please help with explane or some web-link to instructions.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Not much help to you, I know, but here is somebody else who never got an answer to that question.

Upvote 0
Hi @Peter_SSs
Thank you for the link, so I'm not the only one who wants to solve this problem.
Amazing that Microsoft Office developers did not enable this memory to be cleaned?
Or am I wrong?

Upvote 0
It may be Windows rather than Office, I don't know as I could find where the list is stored either. :eek:

Upvote 0
Given how few people seem to have asked the question, I can't see it's that amazing. Why do you want to do it, as a matter of interest? How does it help you?

Upvote 0
Why do you want to do it, as a matter of interest? How does it help you?
I don't know about the OP, but I could see circumstances where you would want to enter somebody from a small list of co-workers of family members and not have to scroll through a massive list or type so much of the name to get to where you want. Finding and clearing the existing list would facilitate that.

After all, the list must be stored somewhere, so I do find it a bit unusual that it seems so hard to find.

Upvote 0
Can you not remove those unwanted authors by going to : File>Info>Related People and just right click the unwanted authors and choose Remove Person.

Edit:
Not sure how this would affect other Office Programs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you not remove those unwanted authors by going to : File>Info>Related People and just right click the unwanted authors and choose Remove Person.

Edit:
Not sure how this would affect other Office Programs.
As I understand it, the OP is not trying to remove anything from a particular file. Rather if you Save As a file & look at the More options under the file name and file type, there is a section 'Authors:'. If you click in that & type a letter (say a) you will see a list of options fro adding to the author field. The OP wants to clear that list of available names (& presumably start a new list with current relevant names)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Peter_SSs
Yes it can be a feature in the windows registry.
@RoryA
Maybe you're right. I've been searching the internet for days and can't find a solution.
Question: Why?
In this list of authors, there are all the names that were stored in each Office file that I started. Over time, that list has increased. Which will get me hundreds and hundreds of author names on the list. I want to delete those names. I hope you understood me.
@Jaafar Tribak
The names of the authors I'm talking about are not shown there. Please look at the screenshot on a given link in the first post.

@Peter_SSs
...OP is not trying to remove anything from a particular file.
Yes, you're right. That's exactly what I want

btw: I searched 'Windows Registry' and found nowhere a list of author names.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the thread.
Ragards

Upvote 0
Please look at the screenshot on a given link in the first post.
FYI, that image is very small for me and if I click on it the image disappears altogether & I am told that I must log in to do that. Of course members here may not be members at that site. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back