Remove Conditional Formatting

bigfoot

hi,
I have a huge table, that has conditional formatting on each cell. the formatting causes the cell contents to be either red or green. in processing the table, with sorting, copying, and moving parts of data to different sheets, the amount of conditional formatting seems to be growing. is there a way to copy the cells, without the formatting, and have it retain the color. I tried 'paste special values', but that didn't work, as the font turned black, when formatting was removed. I would appreciate any help provided. thanks.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Strange but true: Copy the Conditionally Formatted cells, open a blank document in MS Word, Paste in a blank document, Copy that table, Paste into Excel; the formatting will persist but the CondFrmt rules will be jettisoned.

N.B. When writing, you can use the shift key to capitalise the first letters of every word that begins each sentence and you can end questions with question marks in order to comply with standard rules of style.

Upvote 0
Strange but true: Copy the Conditionally Formatted cells, open a blank document in MS Word, Paste in a blank document, Copy that table, Paste into Excel; the formatting will persist but the CondFrmt rules will be jettisoned.

N.B. When writing, you can use the shift key to capitalise the first letters of every word that begins each sentence and you can end questions with question marks in order to comply with standard rules of style.

Did not know this one ^^^ will keepsafe for future reference :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information. i have requested a copy of Word, and will try your suggestion, as soon as Word is loaded on my pc. Again, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back