Remove info from Cell

nolanstern

Board Regular
I have the following information in a cell:
PURCHASE 01-01-10 REDBOX *DVDRESERVATION

I would like to remove "PURCHASE 01-01-10" from the above and have only "REDBOX *DVD RESERVATION."

What is the formula to do this?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

VoG

Legend
Try

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","~",1)))

nolanstern

Board Regular
Thanks for the quick reply.

Now, how do I remove the following information which is at the end of the cell: "auth# xxxxx" (the xxxxx is numbers)

This appears for every cell and need to remove it.

VoG

Legend
Are you saying that the cell actually contains

PURCHASE 01-01-10 REDBOX *DVDRESERVATION auth# xxxxx

nolanstern

Board Regular
Yes, and now, I need to remove "auth# xxxx" from the cell contents.

VoG

Legend
Try

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","~",1))+1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","~",1))-12)

nolanstern

Board Regular
Only problem is there are over 400 different size cells which varies in the number of characters in the cell. They are not all the same.

All I would like to do is just remove the "auth: xxxxx" from the end of the cell.

Is this possible?

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OptimalKR

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...