Remove N/A and 0s from Column

Donal28

Hi There

I have a data range B2:B129 and I would like to delete N/As and 0s from it just to show that these cells are blank

Any help on this would be very much appreciated

Regards
Donal

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I have a data range B2:B129 and I would like to delete N/As and 0s from it just to show that these cells are blank
Select the range B2:B129 and then press CTRL+H to bring up Excel's Replace dialog box. Type N/A into the "Find what" field, leave the "Replace with" field blank, click the "Options>>" button and make sure both checkboxes are not checked. Also make sure both text boxes at the top say "No Format Set" (if they say something else, click the downward pointing triangle on the button next to it and select the Clear option for that field). Then click the "Replace All" button. After that, replace the N/A in the "Find what" field with 0 and click the "Replace All" button again.

Upvote 0
You can wrap your formula with the IFNA command with the modifier set to nothing. So for example something like CONCATENATE(B3,D3) would then become IFNA(CONCATENATE(B3,D3),""). That tells the formula to take anything that would result in NA and just leave it blank. IFNA is for NA and the last part with the 2 double quotes is what should be displayed. Leave it empty and it'll be blank.

You can also then go under Options > Advanced > scroll down to Display Options For This Worksheet and find the box for 'Show a zero in cells that have zero value' and make sure that's unchecked.

With both of those together any cell that should be NA or 0 will just be blank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back