Remove samrad datepicker

miami2k

Board Regular
Dear All,

I was trying to add a date picker on my userform and I installed Sam Radakovits Date Picker Excel Date Picker — Sam Radakovitz.
In the end I've never used it because I don't like it and also because I don't want to install it on all the PC of the users.
My project worked on any machine with any version of Excel, but lately, when I access the file from other PCs on which the app is not installed it says that a link is broken and even if I interrupt it comes up again when I close and reopen the file.
I have two questions:
- the first one is how to remove the app from my PC. I have these! :cautious::)
1596783634830.png

1596783727776.png

- the second is how to find the link in my project (this is the file MrExcel Sample.xlsm)

If you have any suggestion for any Date Picker to insert in an userform it would be much appreciated. Like the one that used to work in the old versions of Excel.

Thank you very much.

miami2k

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Not sure about the existing date picker you're using, but with regard to your last question...

The old MS calendar control is no longer supported by MS. If you try installing an old version (even after registering the control in the Registry) it'll probably only give you issues - especially if you're running your WB on other machines.

Why aren't you using the DTPicker supplied by MS? AFAIK, it still works with all versions, and is also available with all installations. If it's not visible on your Toolbox, then right-click, and select "Additional control" "Microsoft Date & Time Picker Control."

Upvote 0
Not sure about the existing date picker you're using, but with regard to your last question...

The old MS calendar control is no longer supported by MS. If you try installing an old version (even after registering the control in the Registry) it'll probably only give you issues - especially if you're running your WB on other machines.

Why aren't you using the DTPicker supplied by MS? AFAIK, it still works with all versions, and is also available with all installations. If it's not visible on your Toolbox, then right-click, and select "Additional control" "Microsoft Date & Time Picker Control."
I will try that, I've not been able to find it before. Thanks

Upvote 0
Pleasure. Please report back as to whether you fond it, or not; this could well help others with the same issue. Ta.

Upvote 0
@MARK858
Thanks for pitching in there.
I wasn't aware of that. It'll all boil down to whether the OP has 32 or 64 bit (on all of the other users' machines). If it's a large company, it could well be 64, I guess.

Upvote 0
Yes we all have 64bit, this is why I tried with addons designed by other users but I didn't find any I liked.
Going back to my main topic, any idea how to break the link and remove the date picker?

Thank you!!!

Upvote 0
Removing it should be simple.
An Excel Addin is just an Excel file with an Xlam extension.

First disable it in Excel by in your Excel file click the File Tab - Options - Add-Ins - Make sure the Manage Addins is set to Excel Add-ins - click Go - find the Addin in the list and clear the checkbox - click OK.

Now find it's file location (normally something like C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Addins) and do a straightforward right-click and delete the file.

Upvote 1
Dear All,

I was trying to add a date picker on my userform and I installed Sam Radakovits Date Picker Excel Date Picker — Sam Radakovitz.
In the end I've never used it because I don't like it and also because I don't want to install it on all the PC of the users.
My project worked on any machine with any version of Excel, but lately, when I access the file from other PCs on which the app is not installed it says that a link is broken and even if I interrupt it comes up again when I close and reopen the file.
I have two questions:
- the first one is how to remove the app from my PC. I have these! :cautious::)
View attachment 19862

View attachment 19863

- the second is how to find the link in my project (this is the file MrExcel Sample.xlsm)

If you have any suggestion for any Date Picker to insert in an userform it would be much appreciated. Like the one that used to work in the old versions of Excel.

Thank you very much.

miami2k
Hi, i'm french belgian so, i'll try to write in english...
I had got the same problem. Thus, i succeed to remove de samradapps.

I finded the file in : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\XLSTART

You must find samradapps_datepicker.xlam. Remove the file and open excel. Normally, it's well done.

Sorry for my english.

Upvote 1
Hi @Mandalf, and welcome to Mr. Excel!

This is quite an old thread now, but thanks for posting a reply anyway; it may well help others who are looking for help on this subject.

No problems understanding your English, so no need to apologise!

All the best

Sykes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back