removing redundant links

jarl1947

Is there a simple way to remove redundant links from workbooks?

I have a workbook I want other people to use and it would be easier if they didn't have to select the live link from a list of largely redundant ones

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I wrote a utility that will remove links from spreadsheets. If you're interested let me know and I will send it to you.

Upvote 0
Go to:

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp

and download Bill Manville's FindLink.zip. This file is an Excel Add-In, so after unzipping the file put it in the Microsoft/Office/Library directory.

Then go to Excel's Tools menu, click Add-Ins and you should see an item called Find/Delete Links. Check the box for this item, then OK. The Add-In should now be under your Excel's Tools menu, named Find Links.

In an open workbook, simply click Tools/Find Link and the Add-In goes to work checking each worksheet. When it finds an external link, you will be advised by a pop-up message of the link(s) worksheet and cell reference. You will then be asked do you want to delete it - Yes/No. The Add-In also finds links in hidden rows and columns (the problem that I had in a very large workbook). I tend to say no to the deletion option, but manually write down the worksheet and cell reference. I will then look at each external link and decide whether I really want to delete it. I then run the Add-In again and delete the links that I do not want.

Regards,

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back