Removing tables from pivot table after creating relationships in Power Pivot

INN

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I have 2 tables, SalesTb and NameTable. I created a relationship using Power Pivot. Form PowerPivot, I clicked on Pivot Table. Now I see pivot tables fields list but I see tables there I do not want (old), how can I delete them from Fields list? I checked Queries & Connections pane and I only see my tables. So from where these other tables came from and how to delete them? Thank you very much.

pq.jpg

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Look immediately below PivotTable Fields in your (oversized!) screenshot, and you'll see All which is the list of all the tables available to your Pivot Table, and to the left of it Active. Right Click on tables you want to use and select Show in Active Tab.
1670149859102.png

Once you've done that to all the tables you want to see, click on Active and only the tables you need will be listed.

Similarly you can do this in the Diagram view of the Data Model where you can hide fields:
1670150165908.png

In the pic above Total Sales is a measure that calculates the SUM of Sales Value, so not only is Sales Value not needed, but it's slower. By selecting Hide from Client Tools the field won't be listed preventing its use in a Pivot Table. This is especially true where many tables have a Date field, but only a field from the Calendar Table should be used and date fields from other tables should be hidden.

Those are general rules, and I'm sure there are instances where they don't hold. Anyway, what you do NOT want to do is delete tables or relationships!

Attachments

• 1670150104334.png
    1670150104334.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: INN
Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you so much and I will not post oversized screenshot anymore :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back