Repeat (F4) doesn't work for sorting?

zombiemaster

Board Regular
When I select a series of rows and sort, in Office 2003 I could select the next set and press F4 to repeat the same sort. Has this been discontinued in Office 2007? It doesn't seem to work...

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

zombiemaster

Board Regular
That didn't work... I did my first sort, selected my next range of rows and did Shift+F4 but nothing happened other than the selected cell moved over one cell. I checked the Sort options and the sort parameters I had set up had cleared out completely.

(By the way I couldn't open the .pdf link you provided - our browsers here at work can't open .pdf from with a browser window...still working out why some people can and some can't.)

Any other ideas?

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP

ADVERTISEMENT

Sorting is one of the many things that don't repeat in Excel 2007 (or Excel 2010). Sorry for the bad news.

Don Bk3

I have some new code that will let you define and repeat a sort. PM me if you're interested. The code runs with Ctrl-G instead of the several clicks to rerun a Custom Sort. It works to sort columns, but not rows.

zombiemaster

Board Regular
Thanks Don Bk3 - feel free to post the code here; I'm sure others would be interested as well!

Thanks!
~ZM~

Don Bk3

I'm working my way through old spreadsheets as an alpha test, and have discovered a few things I need to fix. Mainly, I need to deal with copied or renamed worksheets.
Also, I'd prefer to distribute to individuals for now. I should have a pretty solid program soon.

Master Excel Bundle

Excel contains over 450 functions, with more added every year. That’s a huge number, so where should you start? Right here with this bundle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chwein

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back