Repeat last entry but automatically change 1 field.

Gabbelgak

Hello, I'm fairly new to access and have the following situation.

My database is set up where the user enters a record on a form for inventory tracking purposes with the following fields:
Date / Customer / Incoming / Name / Quantity

Incoming is either In or Out always and 9 times out of 10 if we are getting say for example 5 in we are also giving 5 out. So currently to track it we have to create 2 duplicate entries except change the In to an Out on the 2nd which slows data entry time in considerably.

I would like to create a button on my form that simply takes the last entered record from the user, duplicates it and then changes the in to an out.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Probably the easiest way as you only have 4 controls would be assign required controls to your own variables

MyDate = Me.Date

Add new record

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

The assign your variables to the controls

Me.Date = MyDate

Add a test for In or Out and swap the value for that control.

This will work on the current record of the user.

HTH

Upvote 0
Is it possible to do similar without any code? (When I transfer code between my home and work computer the work computer automatically deletes all code - Macro's are fine)

Thank you for the above though to get me started.

Upvote 0
I figured out a way, using similar to what you suggested. I created an invisible text box and just used it as a variable.
Store the value from your control using SetValue then retrieve it after moving to a new record by setting the value of the control to the invisible text box.

Upvote 0
I'd be looking at fixing that, as I do work at home as well when I have to, and that does not happen to me. I'd fully expect you to have to use VBA at some point, so it would be worth fixing.

Is it possible to do similar without any code? (When I transfer code between my home and work computer the work computer automatically deletes all code - Macro's are fine)

Thank you for the above though to get me started.

Upvote 0
I'd be looking at fixing that, as I do work at home as well when I have to, and that does not happen to me. I'd fully expect you to have to use VBA at some point, so it would be worth fixing.

I know the cause of it actually, not something I can fix unfortunately, I simply have to work around the limitations put upon the hardware I work with.

Upvote 0
Can you email the code to work and then paste it in there.?

Good luck anyway.

Upvote 0
Yes I can, However if I then export my work to home and bring it back in I have to repaste the code. So in using code I would have to keep a running a list of all items that have code to paste in every time I go to / from work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back