Repeating text when I don't want it to

oli

I am entering this statement into a cell: "6F 2.0 MM A-TYPE DOME", of course without the quotes. What I get after I've entered that is:"6F 2.0 MM D-TYPE DOME6F 2.0MM D-TYPE DOME"
I've tried just typing in the word DOME or any other, it repeats the word 10 times in that cell.
Thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
What is the format of the cell? It could have a custom format applied. I think what you would want for that would be either "General" or "Text" format.

Upvote 0
The format for that cell is General. I tried Text but that didn't change anything.

Upvote 0
Do you have any macros in the workbook?

Other than a Worksheet_Change macro or formatting, I can't think of anything else at the moment that would possibly cause this :confused:

Upvote 0
I have this in some really old 123 spreadsheets and can get rid of them by doing the following:

Edit
Clear
Formats

Upvote 0
I have Excel 2000.
I have noticed when I move the margin in just a little bit, that gets rid of the problem for that cell, but for a cell further down on the sheet, it cuts off a letter.
So I still have the problem.

Upvote 0
All else fails create a new spreadsheet by copying values and formulas only. then format the cells accordingly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back