replace button

MrCo0ol

I want to create a button that when some one click the button, it will replace "A" to "AP"in a specific column

Actully the case is i want to make a approve button for my manager to approve leave. We mark the leave record "A" if the manager agree he click the button it wil turn AP, for slick leave, mark S , when click the button it turn SP.
Since one button only refer to one coulnm(one person) the other column remain unchange. Pls help, is urgent

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

ParamRay

Add a Command Button (ActiveX Control) to your worksheet with the following code (which should be placed in the code module corresponding to that specific worksheet).

Then select the cells containing your "A" or "S" values and click the command button. "A" will be replaced with "AP" and "S" will be replaced with "SP".

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

If TypeName(Selection) = "Range" Then
        Dim Cell As Range
        For Each Cell In Selection
            With Cell
                Select Case .Value
                    Case Is = "A": .Value = "AP"
                    Case Is = "S": .Value = "SP"
                End Select
            End With
        Next Cell
    End If

End Sub

MrCo0ol

I want to create a button that when some one click the button, it will replace "A" to "AP"in a specific column

Actully the case is i want to make a approve button for my manager to approve leave. We mark the leave record "A" if the manager agree he click the button it wil turn AP, for slick leave, mark S , when click the button it turn SP.
Since one button only refer to one coulnm(one person) the other column remain unchange. Pls help, is urgent

Someone help me please=[

MrCo0ol

It works but can you make it to find "A" or "S" in a specific column, if it find A replace to ap if it find s replace to sp.
Thank you for yor help

ParamRay

Select the column and then click the command button...

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AW2020

This Week's Hot Topics