Replacing Sheet with sheet from another workbook??

Kavy

Hello all, I have no idea where to start on this one!

I have a sort of a program in excel, which the point of is for the user never to actually see any worksheets, only my forms.

Theres lots of worksheets, but its all based off one and does work from there. This sheet may get updated from time to time so I would like the user to be able to do this him self so I have two questions

1. If I had a form with a textbox option to enter or a directory (or browse if anyone knows how to make that work) could the user enter the file name for the workbook, and the name of the updated sheet in that work book and click a command and have it replace my sheet?

2. This sheet is a list of equipement and its detials, I would like to tell the user if any new items were added (check by tag number, collumn 3) and also if any details for the already existing equipments were changed, (only collumns 4,9,10,11) Since the row that the equipment was in could change from updated sheet to upfdated sheet, the only way I no of is by searching for the existing equipment on the old sheet, then comparing the collumns, then moving to the next equipment piece. After thats done compare every tag from the new sheet on to the old sheet and see if theres any new ones. Then replace the sheets

Any ideas

Thanks a tons!

Shaun

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back