Replicating an international MS Office environment to test my VBA code for Excel

SirCurious_VBAExcel

I'm having issues replicating an international MS Office environment.

For the sake of brevity:
I'd like to mimic/replicate a non-English Microsoft Office environment in order to test my macro-enabled projects (Excel) prior to releasing them to my international customers. It appears that those with non-US, region-specific MS Office cannot use my program whatsoever. Needless to say, I cannot attempt to “fix” the issue without first reproducing the error—to make matters worse, my international customers informed me that there are no run-time errors/crashes; the program simply stops executing.

A Dutch customer of mine was able to make the "complete" language settings switch from Dutch (his region-specific version of MS Office) to English using MS Office 2010. Switching to English fixed the issue for him. I noticed in his screenshots that all of his Excel menus/displays get affected by the language change, but when I attempt the language settings change (following the same steps that he took), most of the program is still in English. I’ve tried this now with Office 2010 (Windows 7) and Office 2007 (Windows 10), but for some reason, I cannot get the “complete” change, therefore the program works fine (which I don’t want). Language pack downloads didn’t help in Windows 10, and the Microsoft website does not offer support on language packs for Office 2010.

How is the Dutch user able to do this, but I can’t? Could he be using Windows Ultimate 7—would that even matter?

Could you please advise me on the next steps I should take? Would I really need to purchase a “Dutch” computer, Windows, AND MS Office 2010—is this even possible?

Does Microsoft offer some sort of premium technical support, where I can pay money for specialized services?

Thank you, and any input would be greatly appreciated.

AN

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I'm having issues replicating an international MS Office environment.

For the sake of brevity:
I'd like to mimic/replicate a non-English Microsoft Office environment in order to test my macro-enabled projects (Excel) prior to releasing them to my international customers. It appears that those with non-US, region-specific MS Office cannot use my program whatsoever. Needless to say, I cannot attempt to “fix” the issue without first reproducing the error—to make matters worse, my international customers informed me that there are no run-time errors/crashes; the program simply stops executing.

A Dutch customer of mine was able to make the "complete" language settings switch from Dutch (his region-specific version of MS Office) to English using MS Office 2010. Switching to English fixed the issue for him. I noticed in his screenshots that all of his Excel menus/displays get affected by the language change, but when I attempt the language settings change (following the same steps that he took), most of the program is still in English. I’ve tried this now with Office 2010 (Windows 7) and Office 2007 (Windows 10), but for some reason, I cannot get the “complete” change, therefore the program works fine (which I don’t want). Language pack downloads didn’t help in Windows 10, and the Microsoft website does not offer support on language packs for Office 2010.

How is the Dutch user able to do this, but I can’t? Could he be using Windows Ultimate 7—would that even matter?

Could you please advise me on the next steps I should take? Would I really need to purchase a “Dutch” computer, Windows, AND MS Office 2010—is this even possible?

Does Microsoft offer some sort of premium technical support, where I can pay money for specialized services?

Thank you, and any input would be greatly appreciated.

AN
Hi SirCurious, I see no replies on your old question, but did you ever get this solved? Same problem for me: bilingual excel setup (EN and NL - yes I’m Dutch) but get problems when deploying on e NL-only environment. Unable to reproduce in my bilingual setup when switching to NL.
Kind regards, Hans Troost

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back