Replication of query tables for multiple sheets with same data sets

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Looking for help in a way to replicate power queries across multiple sheets. I am working on a payroll sheet for my job that tracks money added to checks and money taken from checks. There are seven tables on each sheet that I am pulling data from, to put on one master payroll sheet, so they can easily be entered in to our back office software for payroll.

So question, is there a way to take the power queries from one sheet and apply that formating to all sheets, without having to manually do it for each sheet?

I am tracking tip out to two sets of employees and added tips to five sets of employees.

I then want to append the data so I can make a table to sort by name and date.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
So question, is there a way to take the power queries from one sheet and apply that formating to all sheets, without having to manually do it for each sheet?
It sounds like you want to replicate the steps of an existing query into a new query. From an existing query, go into the Advanced Editor and copy and paste the code that is there into a new query, changing the Source and Navigation steps as required.

Upvote 0
@sererymn Yeah, I figured out how to do it like that. Still is going to take me longer than I'd like, bit will save time.

Curious if there is a way to do it by position on the sheet, since each table I am pulling from is in the same spot on all sheets. In the end I'm just looking for the lazy way I guess, because my time to work on this is limited. The big thing I have to do now for the above mentioned way to work is to name all the tables, since they have random numbers after the names I made on the first sheet I copied over.

Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
This may be what you are looking to do

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back