Report Logic/Design Guidance

ccampb18

Board Regular
Hello,

This may be too broad to ask the forum and I might just need some consulting work done but I would love to hear all of your different ideas of how I can get this tool to work. I am creating a tool that is taking sales data and rolling it up to specific product hierarchies using drop down boxes. I have the drop down boxes working.

Dropdown_scrnshot.jpg

When I select the appropriate drop down I am wanting the fields in the worksheet below the drop downs to populate with the data. I currently have sumif worksheets for each product hierarchy. I eventually would like to have this data linked to Access databases if possible to cut down on the size of this tool but that could be tabled for a later time but I would love to hear any ideas you have them.

screenshot_1.png

What does the board recommend the best way to write the logic to reference the lowest product hierarchy specified up top (for example: for brand reference, if blank, vlookup category from category LY POS etc. and it goes through each progression)?

Im sorry for the long write up but I hope I am clear as to what I am struggling with.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back