Report questions

STIRRELL

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi,
It has been a while since I made a report in Access. I would like to create a report for expense reports that have not beencompleted. I have the data I need, but I would like to create a report with the instructions and then the detail that they employee needs to take action on. I would like to access to email the individual.

I have the basic report set up grouped on the employee email, but I am not sure how have access email the individual expense details to the employee individually. Right now the report is just one big report grouped by email .

thanks,
Sharon

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I would have a recordset for employee.
I would process that recordset creating another recordset for expenses not completed or a Dcount() of expenses not completed.
If any exist SendObject report for uncompleted expenses to the employee email address from the employee recordset

What you have on the report is up to you?

If you have a lot of employees, then perhaps create a query to identify employees with uncompleted expenses and use that as your employee recordset.
That way you will not waste time looking at employees not affected by the logic.

The recordsource for the report could be based on employeeID, or a report can be opened filtered for an employeeID.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back