Reports and Forms on Access

ketangarg86

Hi,
I am new to Microsoft Access and would really appreciate your help on report. I have somehow managed to make a database in Access. Now I want to create a report form for the user. Basically whenever the user clicks on the report, he should be able to view the updated report from the access database.

Report is based on the data from a table. I have like 10 columns in the database. 3-4 of the columns have the same values for each row in the datasheet because the date, for example, is the same for all rows. Plus some rows would have some columns blanks.
So below is how I want the report to look like:
1. The column with the same values should be should on the top once. Example if we have data from one factory, the items such as date visited, factory name, and person who visited would remain the same. I want to show them once on the top of the report so that there are less but meaningful columns for the user to view.
2. I want to show only those rows which have a particular column to have some data.
3. How to apply conditional formatting on columns in the report based on the column values from columns not present in the report but present in the database table.
4. Can I print the report to pdf with all the attachments associated with each row also printed.
5. Can the report be dynamic that the user can see the report from one factory by selecting from the drop down menu (am fine if this can be done by a form).

Last thing, how can I create a form so that the user can search for a specific row in the database by selecting some drop down column fields and then attach attachments to that row.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Cross-posted here: Reports and Forms on Access

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule #10 here: Forum Rules).

This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

For a more complete explanation on cross-posting, see here: Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back