Report's Memo Text Box causes alignment problems

pbassett

I have created a Columnar report related to student financial information using the Wizard. After 2 rows of Demo info, there are 3 financial aid text boxes on the left side of the report: total charges (text), monthly payment (text), and itemized awards (memo). The right side of the report, at the same height as total charges, has one text box: itemized missing documents (memo).

For some reason, if the missing documents text box has more than 1 entry, then the itemized awards text box Top is lowered to exactly after the end of the missing documents box. It's as of the missing documents box size dictates the Top of the itemized awards text box, even though they are seemingly completely unrelated.

Is the Top of the left memo box of side-by-side memo boxes influenced by its right counterpart? If so, is there a work-around to what seems to be a bug?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi
I don't think this is a bug - more of a formatting issue. Check the properties of the memo box - it sounds like the 'Can Grow' property has been set to 'Yes'. So when this expands to fit multiple records, it drags the other items down with it. Try maually expanding the memo box to allow it to show multiple lines and the issue may go away. If I have misunderstood can you post an image of the report, as well as the properties of the memo box?
Andrew

Upvote 0
Thanks! When I expanded the Missing Docs box to be the same height as the entire left side (which is comprised of 3 text boxes), the problem went away. Also, Can Grow is Yes. On the rare occasion that the student is missing more docs than the entire left side (that has a text box of financial award items, which themselves can be up to 5 or more) then I suppose it will push down the left. Will have to see with a larger sample size.
I would like to post the report but I only see an Img option here which implies I need to post the image to a website. Can I just paste the image somehow?

Upvote 0
Hi
It sounds like you now have it sorted. If you search on Google for 'free image service' there are plenty of choices.
Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back