Resize legend boxes *SOLVED*

derekpegg

Board Regular
Apologies if this has been answered anywhere else, but I couldn't find it when I searched. I was looking for a way to make the legend boxes larger (for a pie chart) and did not think there was a way to do this without making the legend text larger which I did not want to do. As a work around, I found that creating an additional value (0 - last value), setting the font size for this entry in the legend to a size which corresponds to the size of legend box you would like then setting the font colour for this additional entry to white achieves this aim. However, Excel handily places a black box around any white legend text so that you can read it, so you will need to create a colour of say 255,255,254 (almost white) in ‘tools’, ‘options’, ‘color’ to stop Excel putting the black box around the last (hidden) entry. Not sure how well this technique would work with other chart types.

I hope this is of use to some of you.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back