Results in 2nd Sheet Tab Returned based on Date Range

ExcelSuduko

I have a 2 sheet workboook. Sheet tab 1 (External Comm Log) contains all of the records, currently about 500 and growing. Sheet 2 (CalcSheet) is a compilation of the results in numbers (sum), based on selected results. Compiling all of the results is easy for the whole list:

=COUNTIF('External Comm Log'!E7:E1000,"Educational")

Now I am trying to select the same type of results, but based on a date range (column A of sheet tab 1). Here is my current formula but it only returns a #NAME? error:

=PRODUCTSUM('External Comm Log'!F7:F1000,"Educational")*('External Comm Log'!A7:A1000 >="4/1/2010")*('External Comm Log'!A7:A1000 <="3/31/2011")

Any and all assistance is much appreciated. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi,

You are getting the error because any function with the name PRODUCTSUM does not exist.

Maybe SUMPRODUCT is what you are looking for.

Try.

=SUMPRODUCT(('External Comm Log'!F7:F1000="Educational")*('External Comm Log'!A7:A1000 >=4/1/2010)*('External Comm Log'!A7:A1000 <=3/31/2011))

Jai

Upvote 0
That eliminated the naming error, but returns a result of "0". It should actually be 26. The way I have the dates called out...is that correct for defining the date "range", or just records that "equal" those 2 dates. I have the >= and <= identifiers, but am not sure about the )*( in between the date criteria.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back