Retreiving Pivot Table Data- Please help

KCF

I am a self-learning novice with excel and just started working with pivot tables.

I created a pivot table out of my source data (55,000 entries) over a one year period of time in order to identify the data based on those people part of a family and those who came in as individuals. Great...so my pivot table identified the group that came in based on counting those with the same last name for a given day.

Now, I need to compile the two groups into separate worksheets (including all of their orginal source data). The only way I have found to show the details of the data is by double clicking on the cell and a new worksheet opens for that individual. I then have to copy and paste into a new master worksheet.

I am looking for a way to show the data for all the cells in my pivot table at the same time so I don't have to open each one individually.

I put a conditional format on my pivot table (count of last name = greater than or equal to 2) so I can't "show" the cell contents of my individually summed totals for each day because it includes individuals not specified by my conditional formatting.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to work around this? I am sure it is possible as anything is possible in Excel... I am just stuck.

Thanks for the help.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You could use a helper column to identify the Family_Groups "True" and the others ie individuals as False.

Prepare your PT with the new column Family_Groups in the Page area.

You could then double click to produce new sheets for True and False or in other words a sheet for Families and a sheet for Individuals.

I hope that this helps.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hmm... I will try this and see how I do. I am not sure how to identify a family group or not without using the PT first though. On my original source data there are too many entries for me to go through by hand and say: Family member "true" or "false"

Perhaps I am misunderstanding how to start the helper column, and if I can do this with my data it will help tremendously! I will give it a go, this at least gives me another idea of how to approach the problem.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Assuming dates in column A and Last names in column B, would the following indicate
True or False for multiple occurences of Last Name by date?

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$14=A2),--($B$2:$B$14=B2))>1

Edit ranges as necessary for your data

You may have to show a small example so we can provide a relevant formula.

You can insert a new Column and put a formula in that Column identify Family Groups or Individuals.

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back