Retrieve data from excel database

Vanya Noble

Using the Template Wizard Add-in, I have created a form/template and have successfully sent inputs to an excel database. Is it possible to retrieve data from the database back into the template? The purpose of this would be to provide a copy of the details to each client.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I have not used the Wizard. It looks like, in my ignorance, that it will not do what you want because you need to have a way of finding & reading an existing record. Seems to be an oversimplification.

menu Data/Form may be of use - but you still need a way of finding an existing record.

It is possible to have a separate worksheet "form" that will display single records. Could add code to update the database. Similar principle to my code below.

In the absence of another reply, you may prefer to use a UserForm method which will read and write records, and a button can be added to Find.

This is so commonly required, and simple, that it is amazing why MS has not done it as standard.

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=272831

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back