Return a row on a new sheet....

westallismiles

I have a spreadsheet with 21 columns. What would be the easiest way to search column I for the word 'pending' and when that word is found to return the entire row to another sheet.

Along with that I also need to return only columns b,c,e,f,g,i,j,k. I also don't want to return rows that have certain number data in column C, that number data can range from 2-4 digits long.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

paddydive

I think Advance Filter what you looking for....

You can take coloumn I heading & Pending as a Criteria along with Column C criteria data
Take Column heading of b,c,e,f,g,i,j,k at Copy to location

for more information google advance filter...

westallismiles

I understand how to filter. I need this to be a repeatable process, is that possible through advanced filter and I just don't know about it?

westallismiles

Ok, that was easy enough, thank you.

I have one more problem. Judging by sites I've been reading, you should be able to filter for blanks by entering an equal sign as a search criteria, but it isn't pulling back results when I do so.

paddydive

Thats right...
if you are using formula in advance filter, make sure that your formula returns a True/false result

eg =isblank(A1)

will give you true if A1 is blank and advance filter will pickup all the blank rows.

if you want non-blank then reverse it by using NOT like =Not(isblank(A10))

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukboyme

This Week's Hot Topics