Return an array of data and text, subject to a qualifier, among other sheets in a workbook

Raincoats

I’m in the mortgage business representing different lendersand I recently formed my own company (so I’m starting from scratch). I am building an Excel 2013 spreadsheet whichcurrently has 6 worksheets: 1 simple deal input sheet (which feeds basic dealinput data into the other sheets); 4 lender sheets which contain mostly variousprogram data, but some text as well; and 1 summary sheet. The idea is that I will enter input data inthe input sheet and the summary will crank out the results, but only from thoselenders who would be interested in quoting the deal (each of these lendersheets has a drop down box [“Yes” or “No”] indicating whether or not they wouldhave interest in quoting the deal). Eventuallythis workbook will grow to include 50+ lender sheets, and the sheets will berenamed and moved around over time (all within the same workbook), but thebottom line is that I need flexibility in the name and number of sheets thatany summary sheet formula refers to (I hope I’m making sense). There is a dropdown box qualifier on eachlender sheet (the same cell on each lender sheet, cell D100) with a “Yes”, “No”,or “Maybe” response. I want the summarysheet to extract an array of data and text (the same array on each lender sheet,D101:D118) but only from those lenders who answered “Yes” to the qualifierquestion. If possible, I’d like to dothis without a macro or VBA – mostly because I don’t have the time tounderstand them, but if that is the best solution I suppose I could dig in andlearn. So, if every lender wereinterested in the deal and I didn’t need to add more sheets down the line andmove them around, this would be easy but as it is, it’s way over my head! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back