Return single value from array of data from different worksheet using IF

NonEventHorizon

HiAll,
Hopeeveryone is fine and fruity. This is my first post here, I've triedto find an answer in the forum posts but to no success. Hopefullysomeone can give me some advice or point me in the right directionfor my problem.
Ihave a multi sheet workbook for stock control, sheet 1 is adashboard-type page with links to the other sheets. I'm trying to usethe dashboard page as a quick overview to indicate if any low stocklevels exist in the product ranges in the other sheets. So the pageis something like this:
ColumnA - Cells A1 to A5 contain product line description and hyperlink tocorresponding sheet.
ColumnB - Cells B1 to B5 contain number of products for that product linein the corresponding sheet.
ColumnC - Cells C1 to C5 will indicate if any products in that line, on thecorresponding sheet, are below a minimum stock level.
e.g
Sheet1
CellA1 - 22 inch rim wheels product line (hyper link to sheet2), Cell B1- 20 total 22 inch rims, Cell C1 - (true,false condition) are any ofthe stock lines low for 22 inch rims in Sheet 2
Sheet2
CellsA1 to A50 contain individual 22 inch rim variants, Cells B1 to B50contain the number in stock for corresponding cell in A1:A50 (withConditional Formatting to indicate stock low based on correspondingcell in C1:C50), Cells C1 to C50 contain that variants minimum stocklevel.
WhatI'm trying to achieve is a formula in Sheet1! C1 that looks at therange Sheet2! B1:B50 and returns True if any of the cells in Sheet2!B1:B50 have a True result for their Conditional Formatting indicatinga low stock level.
Ithought it might be something along the lines of a CSE formula inCell C1 in Sheet 1: =IF(Sheet2!E3:E50< sheet2!f3:f50,"y","")
Unfortunatelythis doesn't return anything in C1 when any cells in Sheet2!B1:B50are less than their corresponding cell in Sheet2!C1:C50, not even anerror.

Anyhelp or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanksin advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back