return specific data without spaces

CreativeRova

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet like the below, that has a long list of clients from sales agents and their current status. ie confirmed pending lost.

This spreadsheet is updated constantly with status new deals and amounts.

I want a spreadsheet for each Sales Rep that references this master sheet which only shows their numbers.

I can currently do this by =if(a2="Karen",a1,"") but the problem is that when it does not =Karen it leaves that row blank. I want a list of confirmed deals for Karen, a separate list of lost and one for pending all condensed as to not leave gaps on the sales agents own spreadsheet.
ClientSales RepStatusAmountQuantity
Client 2KarenPending$1,5009
Client 3LiamConfirmed$50012
Client 4KimLost$2,50015
Client 5LiamPending$1,4209
Client 6KarenLost$6004
Client 7LiamPending$1,90046
Client 8LiamConfirmed$6,30085
Client 9KimLost$80017
Client 10LiamPending$7505

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
yes, it will be updated everytime they open the spreadsheet from the master worksheet. they do not have access directly to the master only their personal version.

I would like the status separated for sales reports. I also know I can move all in then apply filter to remove blanks but wondering is there another neater way.

Upvote 0
master

Row\Col
D​
2​
$1,500
3​
$500
4​
$2,500
5​
$1,420
6​
$600
7​
$1,900
8​
$6,300
9​
$800
10​
$750

A2:A10 is defined as Client.
B2:B10 is defined as Rep.
C2:C10 is defined as Status.
D2:D10 is defined as Amount.
E2:E10 is defined as Quantity.
And Ivec is defined in the Name Manager as:

=ROW(Rep)-ROW(INDEX(Rep,1,1))+1

Karen (the sheet for the rep Karen)

Row\Col
A​
B​
C​
D​
E​
1​
karen
2​
3​
lost
4​
pending
5​
6​
7​
Idx Client Status Amount Quantity
8​
1 Client 2 Pending 1500 9
9​
5 Client 6 Lost 600 4
10​

In A6 control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(COUNTIFS(Rep,A1,Status,A3:A4))

In A8 control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IF(ROWS($A$8:A8)>$A$6,"",SMALL(IF(Rep=$A$1,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Status,$A$3:$A$4,0)),Ivec)),ROWS($A$8:A8)))

In B8 just enter and copy down:

=IF($A8="","",INDEX(Client,$A8))

In C8 just enter and copy down:

=IF($A8="","",INDEX(Status,$A8))

In D8 just enter and copy down:

=IF($A8="","",INDEX(Amount,$A8))

In E8 just enter and copy down:

=IF($A8="","",INDEX(Quantity,$A8))

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

a few questions. Are you assigning an index number to each rep? if so why? you are using a few formula I don't know so am having some issues getting it to work in the actual spreadsheet.

Also the kist needs to be sorted by 2 factors, rep and status. Only show Karen Confirmed. on another page it will show Karen Pending and another for Karen Lost.

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

a few questions. Are you assigning an index number to each rep? if so why?

Detemining at which rows are the relevant records are located. This, for reasons of efficiency.

you are using a few formula I don't know so am having some issues getting it to work in the actual spreadsheet.

If you follow the instructions for naming and the formulas as is the implementation/adaptation won't be that difficult.

Also the kist needs to be sorted by 2 factors, rep and status. Only show Karen Confirmed. on another page it will show Karen Pending and another for Karen Lost.

karen lost (this sheet processes the data for rep = Karen and status = lost)

Row\Col
A​
B​
C​
D​
1​
karen
2​
3​
lost
4​
5​
6​
7​
Idx Client Amount Quantity
8​
5 Client 6 600 4
9​

A6, just enter:

=COUNTIFS(Rep,A1,Status,A3)

A8, control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IF(ROWS($A$8:A8)>$A$6,"",SMALL(IF(Rep=$A$1,IF(Status=$A$3,Ivec)),ROWS($A$8:A8)))

B8, just enter and copy down:

=IF($A8="","",INDEX(Client,$A8))

C8, just enter and copy down:

=IF($A8="","",INDEX(Amount,$A8))

D8, just enter and copy down:

=IF($A8="","",INDEX(Quantity,$A8))

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

Sorry, I can not get this to work at all. I have even made a new spreadsheet to look exactly like what you have above and entered the formulas you have written by copy and pasting so they are exactly the same, changed the "rep" to be Karen changed the "status" to be Lost and everywhere there is a formula I get errors #NAME?

Also I cant see where your formula is looking up the data from master spreadsheet.

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

Sorry, I can not get this to work at all. I have even made a new spreadsheet to look exactly like what you have above and entered the formulas you have written by copy and pasting so they are exactly the same, changed the "rep" to be Karen changed the "status" to be Lost and everywhere there is a formula I get errors #NAME?

Also I cant see where your formula is looking up the data from master spreadsheet.

Either you don't have (1) COUNTIFS on your system or (2) the definitions you are asked to implement did not go well.

Here is the workbook which implements the set up: Dropbox - CreativeRova sublist.xlsx

If you don't have COUNTIFS, replace the formula in A6...

=COUNTIFS(Rep,A1,Status,A3)

with the following:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Rep=A1),--(Status=A3))

Upvote 0
Ok, Your version works perfectly for what I need. My issue is I can not find where you are referencing the master page, meaning I don't know what to change to make it work on my spreadsheet.

The master version has many columns that I haven't listed as I though I would be able to translate the answer across any number. Since I am having issue here is the full layout of the master workbook.

July
July
July
August
August
August
Client
Agency
BDM
Value
Format
NEW
Status
Media
Production
Quantity
Media
Production
Quantity
SUM
SUM
SUM
SUM
SUM
SUM
SUM
Client 1
Blah
Karen
$10,000
Ad
YES
PENDING
$4,000
$2,000
$4,000
$0.00
Client 2
Blah
Kim
$15,000
Ad
NO
Confirmed
$12,000
$2,000
$1,000
$0.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

The above is updated constantly every day.

The sales persons version only shows their deals and sums. There will be 13 tabs on the bottom a summary tab and 12 months. The below is an example of JULY

Karen July
Budget
$50,000
Confirmed
E9
Difference
% of Budget
Lost
L9
Pending
S9
Confirmed
Sum E11:E:2000
Lost
Sum L11:L2000
Pending
Sum S11:S2000
Client
Agency
Value
Format
Monthly Value
Production
Client
Agency
Value
Format
Monthly Value
Production
Client
Agency
Value
Format
Monthly Value
Production

<tbody>
</tbody>

So I need A11 to pull the info from the master workbook. but only the selected info not every line. It also needs to only show in the July tab if there is an amount in July if the Media amount is in August Media then show in the August tab.

This question I think is a lesson to me in be a lot more specific and clear when asking a question to the forum.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back