Return table header when searching for item in that column

BHalv

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Forgive my newness, I would think there should be a simple way to do this but I can't find it. I'm trying to make a dashboard page for looking up players info. I have a table set up that has the coach at the top and the players on the team listed below the coach, there are 3 teams listed is subsequent columns. I want to have it set up that a user can select a player from a dropdown list on the dashboard and that the coach of that player is listed in the cell below. I already have the dropdown listing all players working, but I can't figure out what formula I need to return the value in the table header (the coach). I have a list of all players, and a separate sheet has the players paired up in similar size partnerships under the same coach, all selected from dropdowns with data validation from the main list. Ideally, I could make it pull back both the coach and the players partner, but looking up the coach is the main priority right now. I'm open to any and all suggestions, I've fought with this for a week and I'm about ready to throw the whole project away. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickdozaj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back