Return to the False value in an IF formulae using the Function Argument

Trevor Norman

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using 3 "IF" formulae in a cell, the first two "IF's" are a straight forward action for true or false and the actions can be input into the function argument on the screen.
The 3rd "IF" true value uses the INDEX and MATCH functions and can be input no problem, however I then need to get back to to input the false value of for the 3rd IF , any ideas how to get back there please

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hmmm.....based on your limited info. A) have the IF formula display "Look At me" - to investigate further. or B) maybe use VBA and a CASE statement? You may need to explain more details or provide examples or file?

Upvote 0
I agree. Your problem is difficult to envision from the very generic explanation and no data or formulas to see.
It would be much more helpful to us if you showed us some actual data and formulas, and explained exactly what you want to happen, based on that data.

Upvote 0
Let me make a guess. You are talking about the Function Argument Dialog ? If yes then switching between nested functions can be easiest done by clicking on appropriate function name in formula bar. So (sample from the other thread on other forum generate all formations of each of the 64 pick3 patterns. ) - if you click within COUNTIF (position 1) in the formula bar, you see COUNTIF arguments, but if you click in LEFT (position 2) you will see arguments for LEFT function

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.PNG
    Przechwytywanie.PNG
    66.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back