Return true if all values are found in an array

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

theBardd

Rules violation
Assuming your array is in A1:A6, and the values in B1:B3, you could use this array formula

Code:
=COUNT(MATCH(B1:B3,A1:A6,0))=COUNT(B1:B3)

theBardd

Rules violation
In VBA, do you want it as part of a bigger routine, or do you want a UDF that returns true or false to the worksheet.

theBardd

Rules violation
Code:
Public Function MatchAll(ByRef Target As Range, ByRef Values As Range) As Boolean
Dim cell As Range

MatchAll = True
    For Each cell In Values.Cells

If IsError(Application.Match(cell.Value, Target, 0)) Then

MatchAll = False
            Exit Function
        End If
    Next cell
End Function

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTremblay

This Week's Hot Topics

• help please
    SORRY NOT ANY GOOD AT EXCEL SO HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED this formula is in a sheet called ignore...
  • two formulas needed
    Hello, I'll try my best to explain this: First formula needed in Sheet1 cell A2: If Sheet1 cell B2 = Sheet2 cell B2 then return a 1. If not then...
  • Dynamic Counts
    Good afternoon, we are tidying up some data & the data seems to be growing quicker than we are tidying it up! What we confirm (by reviewing it...
  • Help Excel formula eliminate duplicate values and keep only 2 identical rows.
    as picture below column A has a duplicate value. but the values are not the same as the rule. sometimes 4 rows, sometimes 10 rows or 7 or 9...
  • Macro Compile Error Sub or Function not defined
    Hello, I am trying to run macros from a validation list, all macros have been created and run perfectly on there own but I'm getting a compile...
  • Last row combined with Current Region VBA
    I'm generally happy finding the last row of data through something like Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp) but I don't always receive data...