Return Value From a Match

Bedford

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
In sheet A, cell E23 there is a drop down list containing 4 words, Monarch, Rollaway, Foldaway, Glide. In sheet B there are formulas for the Monarch, in sheet C formulas for the Rollaway and so on.

In sheet A, there is other data in various cells. When I select the word Monarch from the list in sheet A, I hope to have the data in sheet A transfer to the corresponding cells in sheet B, only, for the Monarch. And similarly when the word Rollaway is selected in the list in sheet A, the data will transfer to only sheet C for the Rollaway.

Hoping for help, been struggling with this for days.
Thanks.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
It is hard to make a suggestion without having your actual data. However, you could use FILTRER function of 365 to filter data from sheet a and pass it onto Sheet B or C depending on a selection in E23 in sheet A.

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0
Hi Saba, the actual data you speak of, what do you require in that regard? I did look at the Filter function, it seems to require a range of cells to work from, my situation is merely asking excel to return the content of cell E23 in sheet A, to cell D13 in sheet B, when, and only when cell E23 in sheet A contains the word from the drop down list; "Monarch". If another word is selected from the list, other than "Monarch", it should not return any data in cell D13 in sheet B, but leave it blank.
I hope this makes it easier to understand.
Thank you.
Doug.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back