Returning multiple variables in one cell based on dropdown list selection.

cgerm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,
I am trying to populate cells (in column A) based on the values in a corresponding cell (in column B), which returns multiple values from a drop-down list (the drop-down list is based on the values in column D). I have embedded a VBA code which allows multiple values from the dropdown list to be selected, and then separates each value with a comma. I would like the cells in column A to also populate with multiple corresponding values (from column E) if possible. The screenshot below shows what I would like the results in column A to look like, however I have tried using a combination of VLOOKUP and TEXTJOIN functions however have not had any luck.

Appreciate any help!
Excel Screenshot 2.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi, welcome to the Mr. Excel Forum.
Would you be kind enough to use the xl2bb add in (link below) to post a sample of this worksheet.
Images cannot be copied into workbook with good accuracy. And forum members have to painstakingly recreate your scenario and there can be typos they don't even notice, particularly with your text values and concatenation.

But, on the surface, have you confirmed the values in column B match something in column D, just with the MATCH function?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back