Reverse Geocoding in Excel, not just for the address

angomera

I have been looking everywhere for an addin or a code for excel that can help me do reverse geocoding: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/intro

Reverse Geocoding basically consists of getting the address of a place after providing latitude and longitude.
Google maps appi provides much more than the address. It also throws results of all the address components: Ej

address_component
Name
neighborhood
political
sublocality
sublocality_level_1
locality
political
address_component

You can see a better example here

What I need is an addin or preferebly a code for excel that gets all this components for every latitude and longitude I provide.

Can someone help me with this?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Hello Redbeard,

Thanks for your help. Before you suggested that link I did try that solution,but I found two problems:

1. I have not been able to insert the code they provide in geocoder.bas into the Visual Basic Editor. Well I have, but then the macro does not show in the list of macros.
2. In the "Usage" section they say:

"Takes in a latitude, longitude pair and returns the first formatted address from the geocoder."

That means just the address and as I stated before I need all the address components.

Upvote 0

Hello John, thanks a lot for your suggestion. I tried it and it works for finding the address, which I allready have in my database. This solution is missing what all others and I havent been able to find. Two pieces of data:

neighborhood and sublocality_level_1

Ej: https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/ap...8&key=AIzaSyD-5j4cX3TKgfJAeQSlETDadjoQHsXBF6Y

neighborhood = La Porciúncula
sublocality_level_1 = Chapinero

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back