MrsFrankieH

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Everyone!

My computer is Asus
My Operating system is Windows 10.

Can someone please help me with a formula that I can drag down (or up) to reverse numbers in a cells?
The range is 01 to 99.

Here is a sample:

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise.

Frankie

Attachments

• Reversal.png
    Reversal.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 22

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
My computer is Asus
My Operating system is Windows 10.
We just need to know which version of Excel you're using (please update your profile so we don't have to ask or assume every time). Computer make and windows version should not make any difference.

It would also be helpful if you post your examples using XL2BB instead of screen captures (see link in my signature at the bottom of this post).
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G1:K2G1=--CONCAT(MID(TEXT(A1,"00"),{2,1},1))

Upvote 0
have a read here
Various solutions including VBA to reverse numbers in a cell of any length number in the cell

Upvote 0
Or
VBA Code:
Function rever(TargetCell As Range) As Double
    rever = IIf(Mid(TargetCell, 2, 1) <> "", Mid(TargetCell, 2, 1), 0) & Left(TargetCell, 1)
End Function

Excel Formula:
=rever(A1)

Upvote 0
We just need to know which version of Excel you're using (please update your profile so we don't have to ask or assume every time). Computer make and windows version should not make any difference.

It would also be helpful if you post your examples using XL2BB instead of screen captures (see link in my signature at the bottom of this post).
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
Hi Jason!
I have the latest version (subscription), so Excel 19?
Some else asked me to do that same thing and I had no success (I'm not the most technical person in the world). Thank you so much Jason!!
Could you tell me where I would put the XL2BB ?

Thanks again!!

Frankie :)

Upvote 0
have a read here
Various solutions including VBA to reverse numbers in a cell of any length number in the cell

have a read here
Hello

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I've updated my profile Jason! Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately I haven't explored writing script yet, just formulas but this gives me something to work on!!

Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your help and I look forward to exploring VBA! :)

Upvote 0
If you have the subscription version then it would be office 365 (which is newer than 2019). It will have everything that is in 2019 plus some new features as well.

The link contains a full guide on how to use XL2BB, there is not really anything that I can tell you which is not already explained there.

Upvote 0
Or
VBA Code:
    rever = IIf(Mid(TargetCell, 2, 1) <> "", Mid(TargetCell, 2, 1), 0) & Left(TargetCell, 1)
End Function

Excel Formula:
=rever(A1)
Hello
Or
VBA Code:
End Function

Excel Formula:
=rever(A1)
Hi Mohadin!
I don't have acumen in code. Do you know a formula that would reverse the numbers? I appreciate your expertise and effort.

Thank you so much!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back