Reverse order in which preset style formatting is applied to bars in a chart

CharlesThomas

For my charts, I am using the Technic theme, Style 27. To best represent my data I need to reverse the order in which formatting is applied to bars. It currently goes from darker to lighter, and I want lighter to darker, using the Technic Style 27 to match 50 pages of other charts I’ve already done.

*Basically, I have a bar chart with six series, and I’d like to swap the formatting between bars 1 and 6, 2 and 5, & 3 and 4.*

What I’ve tried thus far:
For Technic Style 27, the GradientColorType is msoGradientMultiColor and the GradientStyle is msoGradientMixed. I’ve been trying to copy the fill properties from one bar to another without success – the only methods available seem to be OneColorGradient and TwoColorGradient, and neither seem to accept msoGradientMixed as a gradient style.

I have been trying to set the fill properties using:
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Fill
and have tried manually setting values for OneColorGradient (or TwoColorGradient) as well as copying the style, variant, and degree parameters from a bar with the formatting I’d like to copy.

Microsoft seems to suggest that you can use msoGradientMixed this way, but it returns an out of range error.
OneColorGradient Method

Would appreciate any help!

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back