Revision timetable - functions to tally the subjects finished and change its colour, etc.

Kinnow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I'm making a revision timetable on excel for my exams coming up, I'd like some functions to optimize my revision scheduling. I've already made the table just need some ways of optimizing it.
This is quite a hefty list of request, completely understand if it's too much to handle :)

First, I'd like to have a way of keeping track which subjects I've done or not done or doing. For example to turn green if I've finished, turn orange if I'm still revising for it, and red if I can't do it for whatever reason.

Secondly, a separate table that can tally the subjects I've done and the percentage of how much I've done.

Thirdly, function to set a deadline that will evaluate whether I'm behind or not. If I'm ahead, it can tell me how much time I've saved depending on the amount of subjects I have done.

Also if you know any other functions to add that you think will really help in my revision timetable, would greatly appreciate it!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Do you have an example table and what you would like to see?
Sorry for the late reply. I saw this idea or concept of the timetable I want on social media. Here's a link to it:

What star sign am I? ? #revision #study #dentistry #toothtok #fyp

Here's a picture if you can't access it:

2021-01-14 (4).png

Unfortunately, this example wasn't done on excel but the creator said it can be done but it would be slightly harder. He tried to make a tutorial on how to do it but he was very confusing. You can see in the picture he has a separate box for tallying the completed subjects, then a percentage of how much he's done, and some sort of way of setting a date to evaluate his progress to then give him how many days left he has to complete then and a a counter to tell him the days he's saved( that's optional for me).

Hoped this helped get an idea of the type of timetable I want :)

Upvote 0
It's not really helpful for me personally, maybe someone else will jump in.

You said you have a table already, it would be good to see that, along with an example of what you want it to look like.

What you are asking for sounds like some conditional formatting and a few simple formulas. But without seeing what we are working with and want to achieve it's hard to say precisely what you need to do to get that result.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back