Ribbon and Quick Access Buttons not executing macros assigned to them

curtishavak

Yesterday, I noticed that my custom "Close without Saving" button stopped working. I checked the VBA editor and my Personal workbook was missing and all of my personal macros were gone. I restarted excel, same issue. Rebooted my machine and they re-appeared. Not sure how what happened, but at least the Personal workbook was not lost. I'm working off my company's network, so often I get the "Personal Workbook is locked for editing" message. I usually select the open as read-only file and go about my merry way. Perhaps I clicked something different on accident without paying attention.

Anyway, I digress, the custom macro button that I had in my ribbon still didn't work, so I removed it and tried again in both the ribbon and the quick access toolbar with no success. The Macro executes if I execute it manually or via the keyboard shortcut, but the ribbon/quick access toolbar buttons won't work. Frustrating, because I use this quite often. I've even tried writing a quick "dummy" macro to see if it was some sort of code error related to the macro, but got the same result. My "Close without saving" code is below (super basic code).

Sub Close_Without_Saving()​
'​
' Close_Without_Saving Macro​
' Closes active workbook without saving changes.​
'​
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q​
'​
ActiveWorkbook.Close (False)​
End Sub​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brook1083

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...