RibbonX - GetEnabled & GetVisible callbacks always "False" when inside of the Formula bar or inside a cell

SirExcel55

Hi all,

I am creating an Excel add-in in 2010. I'm using the GetVisible & GetEnabled callbacks for a few of my Groups and Button controls. Both functions work flawlessly.... Except when the cursor is in the formula bar or a user types a value into a cell. => In either of these cases, all my Groups & Buttons that use these callbacks are disabled and invisible. The GetVisible and GetEnabled are always "False" for some reason.

I even ended up tested out both the GetVisible & GetEnabled callbacks so that they're always "True". Even in this scenario, the Groups and Buttons using GetVisible and GetEnabled are still invisible and disabled.

Hoping that someone out there has any opinion on this issue or could provide any ideas on how to solve this.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S.
I've used many of the tutorials on the web regarding Excel add-in creation, both from the MS website as well as from many famous Excel experts, including from this terrific and wonderful website owner.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back