RIGHTcommand last digit in cell = zero?

chesspupil

Board Regular
Please help:

I am looking for a conditional format formula that looks at the last digit in the cell and asks if the digit is zero then the conditional format is true and I will direct excel to color the cell.
All vaules are numbers. Cells are currently set to round to nearest hundredth.

examples

1.56 (false)
1.50 (true)
20.01 (false)
20.90 (true)

I thought perhaps I could do so with the LEN command or the RIGHT command or SEARCH

(Application- The timer on an X-ray machine can only select in 10th's of a minute, When I select an exposure factor (EF) (Millia-amps * time) I have a formula set up to display my milli-amp choices (also in tenths) So it takes my 30 different Milliamp choices and divides the EF to give me a time... I want the time that ends in a zero to be highlighted.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Try CF formula for A1 cell:
=MOD(A1*100,10)=0

Upvote 0
=MOD(A1*100,10)=0

That didn't do the trick... I am curious I have the round function used to 2 decimal places and the cell formatted for 2 decimal places

Adding the condition actually changes the values that anther cell uses as reference.

IS there a way I can send you the excel file if you are intrested.

Upvote 0
Suspecting the rounding may have caused the problem with the above formula not working I made a new collum and use TRUNC to drop the extra numbers, forcing it to see a number like 1.293 as only 1.29... even when you do a little exploration and force it to see more than 2 decimal places...

thus originally you might have had 1.293 but the new cell with the Cond format applied is only working with a 2 decimal place number

So above formula still has not met the need yet.

Upvote 0
Credit to NVBC...

=RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"0.00"))+0=0 (in the CF where Conditional format is set to Formula is

But I had to use the TRUNC function to get the CF'd column to follow along with what I needed.

Thanks,

Solved!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back