@Risk question

haminh

Hello all,

I just learned about @Risk and I have a question about it. I have 6 possible values for the number of guest want to reserve the room. I would like to make a decision on how many rooms I want to reserve based on the total cost. I ran the simulation and came up with 2 numbers, one has lowest average cost, the other has lowest standard deviation. Which one should I use in this case?

It would be very nice if you could help me with this question. Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hello all,

I just learned about @Risk and I have a question about it. I have 6 possible values for the number of guest want to reserve the room. I would like to make a decision on how many rooms I want to reserve based on the total cost. I ran the simulation and came up with 2 numbers, one has lowest average cost, the other has lowest standard deviation. Which one should I use in this case?

It would be very nice if you could help me with this question. Thanks in advance

Cheers,

You may want to ask the people who (presumably) sold you @risk. Here is their website:

http://www.palisade.com/risk/default.asp

Upvote 0
Hi haminh.

I use @RISK, but not for this sort of application. If you are looking for the best option based on the cost, I would think that you should be looking at the cost, not the standard deviation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back