Rookie Excel Wizard With some questions

TotesMcGoats

Hi everyone, I appreciate you looking at my thread. I'm still new to this excel thing, and I've only just started getting my hands dirty with this program and it's quite addictive. Ok so now here's what I need to accomplish:

I have a form where my Team Leaders order totes of product that we use to make our own orders. They choose what order they need to run and select what product they need and they place the order. My problem is the Team Leaders keep over ordering the product, we finish orders with way too many. The product contains set quantities that never change, however the orders do change. So what I'd like to do is something like this:

I set the order number, the Team Leads give an inventory of how much product they have on the floor and it automatically configures how many totes of product they need. The tricky part is having a running deduction of what we've already ordered. So once the order gets low, they won't be able to order any more product due to the running deduction. If that makes sense... if not here's an example:

Order: 10,500. Product needed: 3(each with quantity of 3,500). Team Lead inputs an inventory of: 1 The formula calculates based on machine speed how many they'd need within 12 hour period: totes of product. The spreadsheet then stores how many has been ordered so when the Team Lead inputs again an inventory of 1, the spreadsheet won't allow any more orders because it has been depleted.

Any help or direction with this project would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Welcome to the forums!

It all sounds doable, but how can we help? Also, would it be better to calculate the consumption rate and have your leaders order time instead of quantity (may not be feasible if the rate of consumption fluctuates much).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postman24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back