Run Access Macro from Excel

bradyboyy88

Hi,

I have seen numerous posts of this done but I keep running into the error Method 'Run' of object '_Application' failed. The code in access just has the following:

Code:
Public Sub TestMacro()
msgbox "test"
End Sub
Then in excel I use the following:

Code:
Public Sub TrackerAutomation()

If Not FileInUse(DatabaseDirectory) Then
        Dim AccDB As Access.Application
        Set AccDB = CreateObject("Access.Application")

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

AccDB.OpenCurrentDatabase DatabaseDirectory, True

AccDB.Visible = False

AccDB.Run "testMacro"

AccDB.Quit
    Else

End If

ErrorHandler:

Debug.Print Err.Description
    AccDB.Quit
End Sub
I have the reference for Access 15.0 library as well. One thing that is strange when we were testing this run command it seemed to work on a 64bit laptop which had windows 10 . THat laptop was actually used to make the access DB and macro. It originally had object library 16.0 referenced but since windows 8.1 doesnt have that I disabled that and made 15.0.

Thanks
Shaun

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

=ODIN=

In order to rule out whether it is a library reference issue, try late binding the access app.

Just change your one line of code:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333] [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Dim AccDB As Access.Application[/COLOR]
to

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]Dim AccDB As object[/COLOR]

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam Sander

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...