Run specific macro by clicking on a cell - dependent on its value

Alex9898

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to run a macro by clicking on a cell. The catch is the cell's value will change weekly so it needs to be specific to the value. I have separate macros per engineer.

I created a work tracker for open jobs for the company i work for. I'm going through it currently and adding all of the required updates that I've been asked to make. Currently there are buttons on the dashboard which will filter for peoples jobs in the job table below (using macros) but I've been asked to have a list of who is on what shift that week. I've done this, it automatically updates depending on the week. I was hoping i'd be able to use the cells in the table instead of the buttons. Below is the table:

Capture.PNG

I've got peoples shift saved on another sheet (they're not the same every week and people switch over sometimes)

I use the below formula for the cells:
=IFERROR(@INDEX('Data Table'!$A$2:$A$25,SMALL(INDEX(($C$2='Data Table'!$C$2:$C$25)*(MATCH(ROW('Data Table'!$C$2:$C$25),ROW('Data Table'!$C$2:$C$25)))+($C$2<>'Data Table'!$C$2:$C$25)*104857,0,0),ROW(A1))),"")
^ This looks at the table i mentioned above which lists who is on what shift

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back