Run time error 13 - VBA Date mismatch in for next/loop

aditya1234

Office Version
  1. 2019
I am writing a VBA code in my excel. I have employees date of birth on Row F. Now, using VBA, I want phrase called "Happy Birthday" on column G for those employees who have birthdays. My table starts from row 6 to row 50. I wrote the following code but it always gives error in Month(Range("f" & y)). The month function gives me error. If, for example, I only write Range("f" & y), it will work fine. This means the Date of birth on column F isn't being recognized as DATE in my VBA (they are in date format in excel). There is a mismatch for sure. Can someone please help me how to fix this issue (using for next function as shown below)?>

Sheets("Employees").Select
For y = 6 To 50
If Month(VBA.Date) = Month(Range("f" & y)) Then
Range("g" & y).Value = "HBD"
Else
Range("g" & y).Value = "No hbd"
End If
Next y

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I am writing a VBA code in my excel. I have employees date of birth on Row F. Now, using VBA, I want phrase called "Happy Birthday" on column G for those employees who have birthdays. My table starts from row 6 to row 50. I wrote the following code but it always gives error in Month(Range("f" & y)). The month function gives me error. If, for example, I only write Range("f" & y), it will work fine. This means the Date of birth on column F isn't being recognized as DATE in my VBA (they are in date format in excel). There is a mismatch for sure. Can someone please help me how to fix this issue (using for next function as shown below)?>

Sheets("Employees").Select
For y = 6 To 50
If Month(VBA.Date) = Month(Range("f" & y)) Then
Range("g" & y).Value = "HBD"
Else
Range("g" & y).Value = "No hbd"
End If
Next y
Also, just to add to my question above: A). I am looking at the month of date of birth only for wishing happy birthday and I am not looking at day. B). I want message called HBD or NO HBD to be posted on column G for each employee based on their DOB given on Column F .

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
If you select F6:F50 & change the format to General what do you see?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back