Platform
  1. Windows
Hello i have got code whereby i get can error overflow on the line
VBA Code:
If i = 100 Or i = r.count Then Exit For
and if i change to this
VBA Code:
If i = 100 Or i = r.CountLarge Then Exit For
then it works however then it is only copying the first row which is the title only.

can someone help me please

BTW Dim i as long it is variable set as

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
How is r declared?
What is it?

Upvote 0
Hi Joe Thank you for promote respond. oh sorry r declared as range, below its the complete code

VBA Code:
Sub TopNRows()
Dim i As Long
Dim r As Range
Dim rWC As Range

Sheet2.Unprotect Password:="2020"
Sheet3.Unprotect Password:="2020"

Set r = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(12)

For Each rWC In r
    i = i + 1
    If i = 100 Or i = r.Count Then Exit For
    Next rWC

Range(r(1), rWC).Resize(, 3).SpecialCells(12).Copy Sheet3.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
Sheet3.Protect Password:="2020"
Sheet2.Protect Password:="2020"
End Sub

Upvote 0
Can you post a small sample of data, and explain what exactly it is you are trying to do?

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Also, what is the last row in column A with data?

Upvote 0
Hi Joe, Logit had kindly put all the codes together for me. i have attached an sample book. problem is now that where there is more than 3 or 4 expiry dates for same person error message comes up says overflow and as per my original post when i changed it to r.CountLarge it does not copy the actual data and only copies the title row.

First you check dates and then you can filter it by using the department and if there are any expiry dates with the each department you can be able to send email. password for the userform is: 1234

Upvote 0
I would suspect that when you get the error there is only one visible row, hence you get the error.
As this
VBA Code:
For Each rWC In r
    i = i + 1
    If i = 100 Or i = r.Count Then Exit For
    Next rWC
is doing absolutely nothing you can get rid of it.If you will always be filtering the data before running that code you can just use
VBA Code:
Sub TopNRows()

Sheet2.Unprotect Password:="Bhaji2020"
Sheet3.Unprotect Password:="Bhaji2020"

Sheet2.AutoFilter.Range.Offset(1).Copy Sheet3.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

Sheet3.Protect Password:="Bhaji2020"
Sheet2.Protect Password:="Bhaji2020"
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Morning. Great it worked however i have got another problem now that for example if theres a only one expiry date and if you select any other department which has no expiry date you can still be able send a blank email is there any way we could avoid this now e.g. if any of the department has got any expiry date when you filtered and comes up with msgbox saying no new expiry date found for and the department name it was filtered.

Upvote 0
As that is a totally different question you will need to start a new thread.

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff I have marked this post as resolved and i was wondering if you have time you could help with the post

Once again Thank you for all the help :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back