Run-time error '9' - please help my sinking ship (excel workbook)

justlearning4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

This is my first time posting, so I hope it goes well. I am having an issue with developing a VBA code that transfers all data from the 'Insert CDRN Data" sheet to exact columns in the 'Calendar' sheet. Every time I run the code, I get an error message that says "Subscript out of range" which is odd because the sheets I am referencing all exist, which you can see in the attachments. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with this as I am in the first week of learning how to code with VBA.

*For reference, the Subs below "MoveDates" work, but I am trying to develop a code that copies and pastes all data that is shown in the "Insert CDRN Data".

Thank you!
VBA CODE Help.png
VBA CODE Help2.png

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
VBA Code:
You're welcome
[/QUOTE]
Sub MoveDates()

Sheets("Calendar").Range("C3:C" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

With Sheets("Insert CDRN Data")
        .Range("A2:A" & .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("C3")
    End With

End Sub
Sub MovePar()

Sheets("Calendar").Range("D3:D" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("B2:B" & .Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("D3")
    End With

End Sub
Sub MoveIssuer()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("E3:E" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("C2:C" & .Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("E3")
    End With

End Sub
Sub State()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("F3:F" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("D2:D" & .Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("D3")
    End With
End Sub
Sub UltimateBorrower()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("G3:G" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("G" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("E2:E" & .Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("G3")
    End With

End Sub
Sub Moody()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("H3:H" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("F2:F" & .Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("H3")
    End With
End Sub
Sub SP()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("I3:I" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("I" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("E2:E" & .Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("I3")
    End With
End Sub
Sub Fitch()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("J3:J" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("J" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("F2:F" & .Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("J3")
    End With
End Sub
Sub Enhancement()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("K3:K" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("G2:G" & .Range("G" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("K3")
    End With
End Sub
Sub TaxStatus()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("L3:L" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("L" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("H2:H" & .Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("3")
    End With
End Sub
Sub LeadManager()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("O3:O" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("O" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("K2:K" & .Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("O3")
    End With
End Sub
Sub IssuerType()
    Sheets("Calendar").Range("M3:M" & Sheets("Calendar").Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).ClearContents

.Range("L2:L" & .Range("L" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("M3")
    End With

End Sub

VBA Code:

I am sorry, but it looks like the code is not working. It seems to be working for some columns, but not the others. The goal is to take what's in the "Insert CDRN Data" sheet and directly copy it to the "Calendar". See the attached pictures for how the data came in.
VBA CODE Help7.png
VBA CODE Help8.png

Upvote 0
To start with you haven't got a column reference with the bold range below
Rich (BB code):
        .Range("H2:H" & .Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy Sheets("Calendar").Range("3")
    End With

Upvote 0
Rich (BB code):
    End With
True, I noticed that when I ran through the code after you sent it - my apologies for not saying that.

So....just throwing an idea out here. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, is there a code that will run a query to import an excel file that is saved on a k drive into a pre-designed template(as in excel file)? It seems like that is something power query could be a good candidate for, but I am unsure on how to make it a repeatable process. Maybe a macro?

Upvote 0
Rich (BB code):
    End With
The "Insert CDRN Data" sheet source file has some columns that I would like to remove because they are irrelevant to my project. For example, the attached picture is the source file.
Capture.PNG

Upvote 0
It seems like that is something power query could be a good candidate for, but I am unsure on how to make it a repeatable process. Maybe a macro?
Power Query/Get and Transform has it's own code (which I doubt is what you mean by a macro) and is created each time you run a query.
The "Insert CDRN Data" sheet source file has some columns that I would like to remove because they are irrelevant to my project. For example, the attached picture is the source file.
The questions are straying further away from (additional to) the original question and you have also started questioning using Power Query / Get and Transform rather than the VBA you were originally using.

I think the best thing you can do is step back from the project, think through exactly what you need and then decide what method is best for you to use to achieve this.

Once you have decided on this then start a new thread with what you need clearly written (if you want to go down the Power Query / Get and Transform route then post it in the Power Tools forum [link below])

Upvote 0
Solution
Power Query/Get and Transform has it's own code (which I doubt is what you mean by a macro) and is created each time you run a query.

The questions are straying further away from (additional to) the original question and you have also started questioning using Power Query / Get and Transform rather than the VBA you were originally using.

I think the best thing you can do is step back from the project, think through exactly what you need and then decide what method is best for you to use to achieve this.

Once you have decided on this then start a new thread with what you need clearly written (if you want to go down the Power Query / Get and Transform route then post it in the Power Tools forum [link below])

You are right, I was getting to into the weeds with this and I apologize if I wasted your time. I have gone ahead and posted my project on the Power Tools thread with explicit detail. Thank you again for all your help, and have a great night/day (not sure where you are).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back