Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have the following vba macro:

Code:
Sub save_Report()Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
basePath = "C:\Users\Orders"
pathName = basePath & "\" & thisYear & "\" & month_Name & "\" & get_FolderDate(minus_day)
fileName_Order_Stats = get_Order_Stats_filename(minus_day)
Workbooks("Order_Template").SaveAs pathName_Order_Stats & "\" & fileName_Order_Stats & ".xlsm", FileFormat:=52
End Sub

I have a VBS script that call the above macro:

Code:
Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

Set wb = objExcel.Application.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\Template\Order_Template.xlsm")

objExcel.Application.Run "'" & wb.Name & "'!save_Report"

wb.Save
wb.Close
Set wb = Nothing

The code works seamlessly. However, one of the the computers I work on, when I run the VBS script to run the VBA macro, the codes to run till it encounters error on the following line:

Code:
Workbooks("Order_Template").SaveAs pathName_Order_Stats & "\" & fileName_Order_Stats & ".xlsm", FileFormat:=52

I've been looking at it but I couldn't figure out why that line of code creates problem.

Error message: Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi,

I have the following vba macro:

Code:
Sub save_Report()Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
basePath = "C:\Users\Orders"
pathName = basePath & "\" & thisYear & "\" & month_Name & "\" & get_FolderDate(minus_day)
fileName_Order_Stats = get_Order_Stats_filename(minus_day)
End Sub

I have a VBS script that call the above macro:

Code:
Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

Set wb = objExcel.Application.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\Template\Order_Template.xlsm")

objExcel.Application.Run "'" & wb.Name & "'!save_Report"

wb.Save
wb.Close
Set wb = Nothing

The code works seamlessly. However, one of the the computers I work on, when I run the VBS script to run the VBA macro, the codes to run till it encounters error on the following line:

Code:

I've been looking at it but I couldn't figure out why that line of code creates problem.

Error message: Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range

Is that computer otherwise able to save to that path?

Upvote 0
With that error, it indicates that something in that line of code is preventing it from finding the object it is looking for. It could be spelling error. It could be missing file extension, (Workbooks("Order_Template.xls?"). It could be upper/lower case difference. But something is not matching whatever the object is. In this case the only existing object is that workbook. Also does the file path exist? Is the workbook open that is being saved?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does Workbooks("Order_Template") refer to the workbook the code is in?

If it does then you can replace Workbooks("Order_Template") with ThisWorkbook.

Otherwise I'd suggest you try JLGWhiz's suggestion of adding in the file extension.

Upvote 0
HI, once I add the file extension to it, the problem is solved.

Thank you!!

With that error, it indicates that something in that line of code is preventing it from finding the object it is looking for. It could be spelling error. It could be missing file extension, (Workbooks("Order_Template.xls?"). It could be upper/lower case difference. But something is not matching whatever the object is. In this case the only existing object is that workbook. Also does the file path exist? Is the workbook open that is being saved?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back