Run Time Error 91, Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set

stinkingcedar

Hey everyone,

So I will spare you some of the smaller details, but I am basically writing a code that cycles through all sheets in a workbook, looks for a specific range and then copies and pastes it to another sheet accordingly. The trouble part of the code right now is right at the beginning of the loop:

Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

'Variable declaration
Dim WSCount As Integer, StartCellRow As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim region As String

'Getting count of total number of worksheets in workbook
WSCount = Worksheets.Count
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Worksheets("Americas Data Load").Range("E4:Y903").ClearContents
Worksheets("Americas Data Load").Range("A3:A903").ClearContents
Worksheets("International Data Load").Range("E4:Y903").ClearContents
Worksheets("International Data Load").Range("A4:A903").ClearContents
Worksheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("E4:Y903").ClearContents
Worksheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("A4:A903").ClearContents
'Start of loop, goes from the first project input data sheet to the last sheet in the book
'Because of this, all non project input data sheets must come before all other tabs for this macro to work properly
For i = 1 To WSCount

'Looks for an identifier in cell D1 for each project, then selects and copies the correct range based on the key statement
    region = Sheets(i).Range("D1").Text
    Set sht = Sheets(i)
    Sheets(i).UsedRange
[COLOR=#ff0000]    StartCellRow = sht.Cells.Find("Please DO NOT TOUCH formula driven:", LookAt:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext).Row + 1[/COLOR]
    sht.Range(sht.Cells(StartCellRow, 6), sht.Cells(StartCellRow + 29, 27)).Copy

'Portion of code that seperates each project input data sheet based on the identifier
    Select Case region

'If project falls under Americas
        Case Is = "A"

'Pastes selected range under last pasted range in data load
            Sheets("Americas Data Load").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
            sht.Range("E1").Copy

'Pastes project name based on the contents of cell A4
                If Sheets("Americas Data Load").Range("A4") = "" Then

Sheets("Americas Data Load").Range("A4").PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Else

Sheets("Americas Data Load").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

End If

'If project falls under International
        Case Is = "I"

Sheets("International Data Load").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
            sht.Range("E1").Copy

If Sheets("International Data Load").Range("A4") = "" Then

Sheets("International Data Load").Range("A4").PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Else

Sheets("International Data Load").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

End If

'If project falls under Latin America
        Case Is = "L"

Sheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
            sht.Range("E1").Copy

If Sheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("A4") = "" Then

Sheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("A4").PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Else

Sheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

End If

Case Else

Exit Sub

End Select

'End of Loop, will continue to cycle through each worksheet until it reaches the last in the book
Next i

End Sub

Some issues with this were expected, because even though the code cycles through every sheet, not every sheet contains the key phrase that the code is looking for that allows it to find the range and copy it. So essentially, I want it to search through each sheet and for the sheets that don't have the phrase I want the macro just to skip over it and move to the next sheet. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
By simple example:

Rich (BB code):
Option Explicit

Sub example()
Dim CellFound As Range
Dim WS As Worksheet

For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    Set CellFound = WS.UsedRange.Find("Hey", WS.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell), LookAt:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext)

If Not CellFound Is Nothing Then
      MsgBox "Do stuff on sheet: " & WS.Name
    End If

Next

End Sub

Does that help?

Mark

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply! So this is what I have now:

Code:
For Each sht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets

'Looks for an identifier in cell D1 for each project, then selects and copies the correct range based on the key statement
    region = sht.Range("D1").Text
    Set sht = sht
    Sheets.UsedRange
    StartCellRow = sht.UsedRange.Find("Please DO NOT TOUCH formula driven:", sht.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell), LookAt:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext).Row + 1

If StartCellRow = 0 Then
            GoTo Error
        End If

'Portion of code that seperates each project input data sheet based on the identifier
    Select Case region

Case Is = "A"

Sheets("Americas Data Load").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
            sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

Sheets("Americas Data Load").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

End If

Case Is = "I"

Sheets("International Data Load").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
            sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

Sheets("International Data Load").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

End If

Case Is = "L"

Sheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
            sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

Sheets("Latin America Data Load").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

End If

End Select

Error:
MsgBox ("A sheet was found with no key phrase")

'End of Loop, will continue to cycle through each worksheet until it reaches the last in the book
Next

End Sub

Same error is coming up on the same line, but also on the Sheets.UsedRange line it is saying that "Method or Data Member not Found."

Upvote 0
Does this work?
Code:
Option Explicit

Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim rngFnd As Range
Dim WSCount As Long, StartCellRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim region As String

'Start of loop, goes from the first project input data sheet to the last sheet in the book
    'Because of this, all non project input data sheets must come before all other tabs for this macro to work properly
    For i = 1 To WSCount

Set sht = Sheets(i)
        Sheets(i).UsedRange
        Set rngFnd = sht.Cells.Find("Please DO NOT TOUCH formula driven:", LookAt:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext)
        If Not rngFnd Is Nothing Then

StartCellRow = rngFnd.Row + 1

Select Case region

Case Is = "A"

sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

End If

Case Is = "I"

sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

End If

Case Is = "L"

sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

End If

Case Else

Exit Sub

End Select
        End If
    Next i

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I am signing out, but I will try and look tonight and see if your code is 'solved'. In the meantime, here is what I can comment on quickly.

Code:
For Each sht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets

region = sht.Range("D1").Text
    Set sht = sht
    Sheets.UsedRange
    StartCellRow = sht.UsedRange.Find("Please DO NOT TOUCH formula driven:", sht.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell), LookAt:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext).Row + 1

You are not following my example with that. 'For each sht in...' Sets a reference to the individual sheets, so 'Set sht = sht' is not needed. 'Sheets.UsedRange' by itself should cause an error I believe. Finally the bigger issue...

I had 'Set Cell = sht.UsedRange.Find(...etc) without the '.Row' behind it, which is what causes an error if the value is not found. See, .Find returns (or fails to return if the value is not found) a reference to the Range (the cell) that the value is found in. So first we need to attempt to Set a reference. If the value is not found, 'Cell' will refer to Nothing, and hence the 'If Not Cell Is Nothing Then' stops us from erring.

I hope that makes sense.

You may wish to copy my example code to a new workbook with three or four sheets and put "Hey" in a cell on a couple of the sheets. Maybe running it will make it clearer?

Hope to help,

Mark

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

So I will spare you some of the smaller details, but I am basically writing a code that cycles through all sheets in a workbook, looks for a specific range and then copies and pastes it to another sheet accordingly. The trouble part of the code right now is right at the beginning of the loop:

Code:
Option Explicit

'Variable declaration
Dim WSCount As Integer, StartCellRow As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim region As String

For i = 1 To WSCount

Set sht = Sheets(i)
    Sheets(i).UsedRange
[COLOR=#ff0000]    StartCellRow = sht.Cells.Find("Please DO NOT TOUCH formula driven:", LookAt:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext).Row + 1[/COLOR]

Select Case region

Case Is = "A"

sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

End If

Case Is = "I"

sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

End If

Case Is = "L"

sht.Range("E1").Copy

Else

End If

Case Else

Exit Sub

End Select

Next i

End Sub

Some issues with this were expected, because even though the code cycles through every sheet, not every sheet contains the key phrase that the code is looking for that allows it to find the range and copy it. So essentially, I want it to search through each sheet and for the sheets that don't have the phrase I want the macro just to skip over it and move to the next sheet. Thank you!

Essentially, this is your code. If there's any errors, it will be easier to resolve it now. Error(91) is generated probably because you forgot to assign a method to your object. this means that you probably specified range("a1") instead of range("a1").value
Code:
    On errror GoTo ErrHndlr
    Call Copy_Data

Exit Sub
ErrHndlr:
    MsgBox Error, vbExclamation, Err: Stop
End Sub
Keep this in the same userform code as the button or it won't work
Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Copy_Data()
'Variable declaration
Dim WSCount As Integer, StartCellRow As Integer, i As Integer
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim region As String
Dim ADL, IDL, LaDL, Rng1 As Range, Rng2 As Range

Set ADL = Worksheets("Americas Data Load")
    Set IDL = Worksheets("International Data Load")
    Set LaDL = Worksheets("Latin America Data Load")
    Set Rng1 = Range("E4:Y903")
    Set Rng2 = Range("A3:A903")
    Set Rng3 = Range("A4:A903")

With ADL
        .Rng1.ClearContents
        .Rng2.ClearContents
    End With
    With IDL
        .Rng1.ClearContents
        .Rng3 .ClearContents
    End With
    With LaDL
        .Rng1.ClearContents
        .Rng3 .ClearContents
    End With

For i = 1 To WSCount

Set sht = Sheets(i)
        Sheets(i).UsedRange
        StartCellRow = sht.Cells.Find("Please DO NOT TOUCH formula driven:", LookAt:=xlWhole, LookIn:=xlValues, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext).Row + 1
        Set myRange = sht.Range("E1").Value

Select Case region
            Case "A" 'select case project falls under Americas
                ADL.Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Select Case ADL.Range("A4")
                        Case ""
                            ADL.Range("A4") = myRange '.Copy  '.PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
                        Case Else
                            ADL.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30) = myRange '.Copy  '.PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
                    End Select
            Case "I" 'select case project falls under International
                IDL.Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Select Case IDL.Range("A4")
                        Case ""
                            IDL.Range("A4") = myRange '.Copy  '.PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
                        Case Else
                            IDL.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30) = myRange '.Copy  '.PasteSpecial(xlPasteValues)
                    End Select
            Case "L" 'select case project falls under Latin America

LaDL.Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Select Case LaDL.Range("A4")
                        Case ""
                            LaDL.Range("A4") = myRange '.PasteSpecial(xlPasteValues)
                        Case Else
                            LaDL.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(30) = myRange '.PasteSpecial(xlPasteValues)
                    End Select
            Case Else
                Exit Sub
        End Select

Next i

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back