Run VBA on Event Change Delete Row

atblack22

I have some VBA built that handles code on worksheet Selection Change that works fine. But I have some formulas that it is automatically inserting referencing other cells.

However, when I have to delete a row (due to duplicate information), the cell formulas do not automatically update. I need the formula to either hold the cell reference dynamically, or and event Delete row procedure where I can refresh the formulas.

A formula I'm using is

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(B" & refrow & ")," & _ ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2).Value & " +1,1)"

So its basically just adding a one to the cell value above it, but when I delete a row, it holds the same value because the cell reference is gone, and leaves the previous row's value in the formula, and no the cell reference....either way to handle this would work...

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I'm not sure if I follow, but try something like this...

Code:
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISBLANK(R" & refrow & "C2),R[-1]C + 1,1)"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or this...
Code:
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(B" & refrow & ")," & _
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2)[COLOR="Red"].Address(0, 0)[/COLOR] & " +1,1)"

Upvote 0
Thats more of what I'm looking for, but the only thing that happens is when I delete the row, then I get the #REF error, which is what I'm trying to avoid. Thats why I was thinking I needed an Event Change Delete row recalculation or something....

Upvote 0
Just when i delete a row, then the rows below give me the #REF error, and I need a way that can automatically handle that. I have a recalculation button they can click and redoes all the formulas, but I would rather have that incorporated in to either not get the #REF when I delete, or if it does, the action of me deleting a row will automatically redo the formula to not have reference error.

Upvote 0
Try this then...
Code:
colRef = Split(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Address, "$")(1)
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(B" & refrow & "),INDIRECT(""" & colRef & """ & ROW()-1)+1,1)"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back